Calling All High School Sophomores & Juniors! Want to Win A Free Trip?
Enter to win a free summer trip to Washington, D.C., or Glen Eden Resort near Steamboat Springs! MVEA sponsors a youth leadership trip contest for high school sophomores and juniors!
- Two winners will receive an all-expense paid trip to Washington, D.C., for Electric Cooperative Youth Tour in June 2024, with other Colorado students from across the state
- Two winners will win a free trip to the Colorado Electric Education Institute’s Cooperative Youth Leadership Camp in Clark, Colorado, just outside Steamboat Springs, in July 2024.
Deadline to Enter: November 9, 2023
Details & Eligibility
- The student must fill out the MVEA Youth Leadership Trip Application found below (which contains an entry form and a few short-answer essay questions).
- The student must be at least 16 years of age by June 1, 2024.
- Parents or guardians must receive electric service from MVEA.
- Student will need to include a high-resolution digital or hardcopy image of themselves with the application (photos are used to feature winners in Colorado Country Life magazine).
- Two winners will receive an all-expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C., for Electric Cooperative Youth Tour, in June 2024, with other Colorado students from across the state.
- They will meet up with approximately 1,800 high school students from cooperatives across the U.S. for a week of:
- Touring historical sites
- Meeting legislators
- Having a fantastic time in our nation’s capital while adding to their leadership portfolio
- Two winners will win a trip to the Colorado Electric Educational Institute’s Cooperative Youth Leadership Camp (CYLC) in Clark, Colorado, just outside Steamboat Springs, in July 2024. Here they will join nearly 100 students from Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Wyoming to:
- Improve upon their leadership skills
- Set up and operate a cooperative
- Participate in legislative forums
- Enjoy a slew of activities set in the beautiful Colorado Rockies
- Winners are chosen by the Education Committee of the MVEA Board of Directors and finalized at their December board meeting. Winners are notified by the end of December.
Countdown to Enter to Win!
Enter to win by filling out the online entry application below or downloading a printable version of the entry application and emailing it to MVEA’s Communications Department or mailing it to 11140 E. Woodmen Rd. Falcon, CO 80831. For additional questions, please email MVEA’s Communications Department or call (719) 495-2283.Printable Entry Application (PDF) Meet The 2023 Youth Leadership Trip Winners (PDF)