Mountain View Electric Association awards 14 scholarships to graduating high school seniors. Thirteen scholarships will be given to students planning to attend accredited colleges, universities, and junior colleges or community colleges in the fall. The recipients will be chosen through a computerized, random selection procedure. The MVEA scholarship application will be used for the ten $1,000 MVEA scholarships; the $1,000 E.A. “Mick” Geesen Memorial scholarship; the $1,000 Basin Electric scholarship and the $1,000 Tri-State Generation and Transmission scholarship. Please use the MVEA scholarship application form below to apply for each of these scholarships.
Mountain View Electric Association, Inc. (MVEA) will award one, $1,000 Vocational/Technical Scholarship to a student entering an occupational training program of two years or less at an accredited vocational/technical school, community college or junior college. Please use the MVEA Vo/Tech scholarship application form below to apply.
NEW IN 2018! A $2,000 Power Lineman Scholarship for students pursuing a career through a lineman training program, as well as a $2,000 Power Engineer Scholarship for current college students pursuing a power engineering career. Please use one of the scholarship application forms below to apply.
The current scholarship application period started September 1, 2018 and all applications are due on January 15, 2019.
- MVEA Scholarship Application Form (PDF)
- MVEA Vo/Tech Scholarship Application Form (PDF)
- MVEA Power Engineer Scholarship Application Form (PDF)
- MVEA Power Lineman Scholarship Application Form (PDF)
Rocky Mountain Electrical League has a scholarship available for students planning to pursue an electric industry position or pursue a career in the electric energy industry. Applications can be found on rmel.org.
2018 Scholarship Winners
MVEA $1,000 Scholarships:
- Jason Boedigheimer – Discovery Canyon Campus High School
- Anker Eisenman – Falcon High School
- Juan Gomez – Elbert School
- Kayelynn Montague – Big Sandy Schools
- Allison Palmer – Pine Creek High School
- Madison Hwang-King – Lewis-Palmer High School
- Kennedy Masterson – Limon Public Schools
- Savanna Matthews – Peyton Junior-Senior High School
- Mitchell Swartz – Peyton Junior-Senior High School
- Tucker Thompson – Limon Public Schools
Basin Electric Power Cooperative $1,000 Scholarship:
- Morris Richardson – Big Sandy Schools
Tri-State Generation and Transmission $1,000 Scholarship:
- Stephanie Mooty – Peyton Junior-Senior High School
E.A. “Mick” Geesen $1,000 Scholarship:
- Cole Younger – Limon Public Schools
MVEA Vo-Tech $1,000 Scholarship:
- Shae Sanchez – Limon Public Schools