Mountain View Electric Association awards 20 scholarships to graduating high school seniors. Scholarships will be given to students planning to attend accredited colleges, universities, and junior colleges or community colleges in the fall. The recipients will be chosen through a computerized, random selection procedure. The MVEA scholarship application will be used for the 17 $1,000 MVEA scholarships; the $1,000 E.A. “Mick” Geesen Memorial scholarship; the $1,000 Basin Electric scholarship and the $1,000 Tri-State Generation and Transmission scholarship. Please use the MVEA scholarship application form below to apply for each of these scholarships.
Mountain View Electric Association, Inc. (MVEA) will award one, $1,000 Vocational/Technical Scholarship to a student entering an occupational training program of two years or less at an accredited vocational/technical school, community college or junior college. Please use the MVEA Vo/Tech scholarship application form below to apply.
A $2,000 Power Lineman Scholarship for students pursuing a career through a lineman training program, as well as a $2,000 Power Engineer Scholarship for current college students pursuing a power engineering career. Please use one of the scholarship application forms below to apply.
The current scholarship application period starts September 3, 2019 and all applications are due on January 15, 2020.
- MVEA Scholarship Application Form (PDF)
- MVEA Vo/Tech Scholarship Application Form (PDF)
- MVEA Power Engineer Scholarship Application Form (PDF)
- MVEA Power Lineman Scholarship Application Form (PDF)
Rocky Mountain Electrical League has a scholarship available for students planning to pursue an electric industry position or pursue a career in the electric energy industry. Applications can be found on rmel.org.
MVEA $1,000 Scholarships:
- Lauryn Ancheta – Falcon High School
- Autumn Borg – Lutheran High School
- Arianna Carrieri – Falcon High School
- Kate Danis – Air Academy High School
- Samuel Enos – Lewis-Palmer High School
- Willem Growden – Thomas MacLaren Charter School
- Delaney Hegger – Big Sandy Schools
- Catherine Hendricks – Peyton Junior-Senior High School
- Kelly Lundberg – Discovery Canyon Campus
- Riley Maranville – Big Sandy Schools
- Mikhala Miller – Peyton Junior-Senior High School
- Summer Reflogal – Palmer Ridge High School
- Samantha Saffen – Peyton Junior-Senior High School
- Emily Son – Falcon High School
- Gwenyth Timm – Peyton Junior-Senior High School
- Mark Wilson – Vista Ridge High School
- Betsy Ziegler – The Classical Academy
Basin Electric Power Cooperative $1,000 Scholarship:
- Rylee Scroggs – Springs Studio for Academic Excellence
Tri-State Generation and Transmission $1,000 Scholarship:
- Trent Enos – Paramus Vita Academy – Homeschool
E.A. “Mick” Geesen $1,000 Scholarship:
- Anna Weisensee – Limon Public Schools
MVEA Vo-Tech $1,000 Scholarship:
- Susanna Turner – Peyton Junior-Senior High School
MVEA Power Lineman $2,000 Scholarship:
- Jaron Carpenter – Limon Public Schools
MVEA Power Engineering $2,000 Scholarship:
- Zachary Churchwell – University of Wyoming