MVEA is proud to announce that our annual scholarship application period is now open! For the 2024 school year, MVEA will be awarding $28,000 in scholarship funds through a total of 25 scholarship opportunities for both traditional and nontraditional students. Whether you are a student attending traditional college, planning on attending a technical school, or interested in pursuing an engineering or lineworker career, MVEA is here for you! The scholarship application period runs from August 1, 2023 – February 28, 2024.
Scholarship Information & Requirements
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicants parents or legal guardians must be currently receiving electric service from MVEA.
- Applicant must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0. With exceptions for the Vocational Tech Scholarship Applicaiton.
- Applicant must have achieved an ACT score of at least 22 or a combined SAT score of at least 1,000.
- MVEA will award $1,000 to twelve applicants planning to attend credited colleges, universities, and junior colleges or community colleges in the fall of 2024.
- MVEA will award $1,000 to eight applicants entering an occupational training program of two years or less at an accredited vocational/technical school, community college, or junior college.
Power Lineworker Scholarships
- MVEA will award $2,000 to two applicants who plan to pursue a career through a lineworker training program.
Power Engineer Scholarships
- MVEA will award $2,000 to one applicant who is currently attending a power engineering program at an accredited college or university.
MVEA Last Chance Scholarships
- MVEA will award $1,000 to two applicants who attend the Annual Meeting of Members. Applications for this scholarship will be available in person at the Annual Meeting of Members being held in Calhan on June 6,2024.
Prior to completing the MVEA Scholarship Application Form, please have:
- Applicant’s high school transcript (required to accompany the application).
- A copy of the ACT and/or SAT scores (not required but encouraged).
- Before proceeding, ensure you’ve reviewed steps one and two above to confirm your understanding of all eligibility requirements and necessary application documents.
- From the options below, select and fill out the corresponding scholarship form for the one you wish to apply for.
- Submit the completed application via email to email@example.com or mail it to Mountain View Electric Association, Inc., 11140 E Woodmen Rd., Falcon, CO 80831.
Deadline to apply: February 28, 2024.
Scholarship Application Forms:
- MVEA Scholarship Application PDF ($1,000)
- MVEA Vocational Tech Scholarship Application PDF ($1,000)
- MVEA Power Engineer Scholarship Application PDF ($2,000)
- MVEA Power Lineworker Scholarship Application PDF ($2,000)
Countdown to the Application Deadline…
No, you can only apply for and receive one scholarship type.
The recipients will be chosen through a computerized, random selection procedure, out of all the qualified applicants.
Scholarship winners will be notified following the March Board meeting and featured in the June edition of Colorado Country Life Magazine.