Safety Compliance Administrator at our Falcon Operations Center
We are looking for a Safety Compliance Administrator to help develop and lead our safety programs. This position will be located at our Falcon Operations Center, located just east of Colorado Springs.
This Position is Responsible For:
- Developing, establishing and maintaining effective regulatory compliance, safety, job training and loss control programs within the Association to minimize costs and risk exposure by conducting business in a manner that promotes the safety, health and well-being of our employees, contractors, membership, general public and property.
- Researching, planning, developing and implementing programs and procedures necessary to meet the Associations compliance and safety needs.
- Providing professional assistance to all departments to ensure safety and loss control programs are being utilized to their fullest extent.
- Making recommendations to resolve safety concerns and improve organization efficiency.
- Ensuring employees have received proper training, knowledge and tools to enable them to perform their jobs safely and effectively.
- Facilitating a work environment that promotes a healthy and active safety culture by providing technical advice, coaching, guidance and mentoring to management and employees.
- Facilitating, conducting, and coordinating regular employee safety and regulatory training, including First Aid/CPR/AED training.
- Coordinating and helping perform field observations of line crews, including contractor crews, and other field personnel to ensure their understanding of proper procedures and compliance with safety rules.
- Ensuring that necessary and required inspections are being done.
- Maintaining various documents to include but not limited to training, testing, investigations, inspections, field observation, safety manuals, policies and procedures and other safety related documentation and records.
- Coordinating the investigation of incidents.
- Coordinating emergency and building evacuation drills.
What You Need for this Position:
- Strong and proven leadership abilities to ensure a cooperative-wide, prevention focused safety culture.
- Ability to understand and communicate technical advice by providing training, coaching and guidance to management and employees.
- Strong knowledge of safety rules, regulations and standards to which the Electric Association is subject including but not limited to OSHA, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, DOT, EPA, ANSI and National Electrical Safety Code.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, well organized, personable and able to exercise discretion and use sound judgment in dealing with people and confidential information.
- Ability to work independently to plan, schedule, meet deadlines and implement programs and policies within a team environment.
- High School graduate or certificate of equivalency is required.
- At least five years related experience is required. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field may be substituted for two years of experience.
- National Rural Electric Cooperative Association/National Utility Training and Safety Education Association, Certified Loss Control Professional certification is preferred. Obtaining the certification within three years of entering the Safety Compliance Administrator position is required.
- Significant experience planning, preparing and presenting training is strongly preferred.
- Experience helping organizations administer and comply with the requirements of the NRECA Rural Electric Safety achievement Program (RESAP) is a plus.
Application deadline is Sunday, April 30, 2017.
Applicants are encouraged to submit a resume along with a Job Application. Fax applications to 719-495-2448 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mountain View Electric Association, Inc. (MVEA), incorporated in 1941, is a not-for-profit electric cooperative owned and run by the members it serves. We provide electric service to a portion of eight counties located within a 5,000 square mile territory. A board of directors, elected by the members, governs our business.
MVEA is growing and stable company. We offer our employees many fantastic benefits. We have a four-day workweek which our employees LOVE! Our normal business hours are Monday through Thursday 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. It also doesn’t hurt that we have a business casual work environment, great employees and serve great members.
Top Reasons to Work with Us:
- Competitive Salary
- An Outstanding Benefits Package
- Traditional Pension Plan AND 401(k) with Company Match
- Stable and Growing Company
- Great Company Culture!!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.