Outdoor Lighting & Repair
Here is a low cost way to have an outdoor light for your home or business.
- You can provide extra lighting for your property for as little as $12.92 per month. (Please call for additional information regarding your particular needs).
- The monthly rental charge includes the electricity needed to operate the light so there are no extra usage charges added to your meter.
- There is no light switch. Outdoor lighting fixtures have automatic photo cells. The lights come on at dusk and go off at dawn.
- Installation is free provided the light can be installed on an existing meter or transformer pole; otherwise installation fees may apply.
- Free maintenance and bulb replacements by MVEA. Simply notify us and we will make all necessary repairs. In case of vandalism, please refer to MVEA Rules & Regulations.
- The initial term of the outdoor lighting contract is one year.
- The expense of moving or relocating the light fixture(s) after initial installation will be borne by the consumer.
Outdoor Lighting Rates
- 40 Watt LED / 175 Watt HID – $12.92 per fixture per month
- 70 Watt LED / 400 Watt HID – $23.21 per fixture per month
- For overhead, each additional pole with a span of secondary not to exceed 150 feet – $4.63 per month
- Each additional overhead transformer – $4.63 per month
- For underground, additional installation and monthly charges may apply
Sample Photos of Outdoor Lighting Options
If you would like to order the installation of an outdoor light fixture, please click on this link Outdoor Light Installation Form and complete the required information. Upon receipt, a Mountain View Electric Representative will contact you to finalize the request and lighting contract.
If you would like to request a repair for an outdoor light, please click on the Outdoor Lighting Repair Form link and complete the information. Please note repairs can take up to a week to be completed.