The following organizations offer energy assistance:
- Energy Outreach Colorado programs include bill payment assistance, heating system repair/replacement, energy efficiency upgrades, energy education, access to state programs (such as LEAP) that work in partnership with their services.
- Visit Energy Outreach Colorado or call (303) 825-8750 to learn more about their programs, and how to apply for assistance.
- As a non-profit construction company, ERC provides FREE energy efficiency improvements for income-qualified residents of Colorado. Provides energy upgrades to income-qualified families. Visit the Energy Resource Center website or call (719) 591-0772 to learn more.
Health & Human Service Information & Referral
- The Low Income Energy Assistance Program is designed to help low-income households with winter home heating costs. It is not intended to pay the entire cost of home heating.
- Applications will be accepted beginning November 1 and will be processed as long as funding is available. To apply, visit the LEAP website or call (866) 432-8435.
- Lincoln & Elbert Counties (719) 775-8586
- Elbert County (303) 621-2599
- Eastern Colorado Springs (719) 277-7470
- Persons 60 and over (El Paso County) (719) 884-2300
- Tri-Lakes Area (719) 481-4864
- The Operation Round Up program was formed to assist charitable organizations, communities with special needs, and individuals who have suffered from loss, personal disaster, or medical emergencies. MVEA is not involved in the determination of funds, and funds cannot be used to pay MVEA bills.
- If you have questions contact Erica, the Operation Round Up Coordinator, by phone at (719) 495-2283 or (800) 388-9881.