Relocation is needed if MVEA’s facilities need to be moved to a new permanent location.
An example of a rebuild is converting overhead electric to underground electric.
Removal is used for demolishing the structure being served by our facilities or if you no longer wish to have MVEA facilities on your property. Keep in mind that if you remove MVEA facilities and want service in the future you will be financially responsible for rebuilding the infrastructure required to provide power to your property.
Things to Consider
- MVEA’s responsibility does not extend beyond the meter. You may need to relocate your member-owned facilities. Contact an electrician for more information.
- There may be other utility companies located within your project site. You are responsible for contacting these companies to coordinate relocation or removal of their facilities.
- A $250 engineering fee may be required. Not required for removal of MVEA facilities.
- The $250 engineering fee will be applied to the overall cost of the project.
- If the project is cancelled, the engineering fee will be voided.
Relocations, rebuilds, and removal of MVEA facilities will be provided in accordance with the terms of the current MVEA Line Extension Policy.
We’re here to help! If you have any questions, email MVEA’s Engineering Department or call us at (719) 495-2283 during business hours and ask to speak with an Engineering Services Representative.