Electrical Permits

Many state and local laws require that a permit be obtained prior to the installation of electrical wiring or devices, and that an inspection be performed to ensure that the work was performed safely and meets applicable code requirements. Contact your local code enforcement to find out what their requirements are.

New Construction

Once the MVEA requirements are met, MVEA will set a meter after it has been inspected and approved by the electrical inspector within that jurisdiction. Once the electrical inspector notifies MVEA of a meter release, the meter will be set the next business day.

Arapahoe County

Town of Calhan

Crowley County

Douglas County

Elbert County

El Paso County

Lincoln County

Pueblo County

State Electrical Board

Washington County

Help with the permitting process (Pikes Peak Regional Building Department and Colorado State Electrical Board)