USDA Rural Energy for America Program
The USDA Rural Energy for America Program provides loan financing and grant funds to agricultural producers and rural small businesses for renewable energy systems or to make energy efficiency improvements. Agricultural producers may also apply for new energy-efficient equipment and new system loans for agricultural production and processing.
- Applications for Grants of $20,000 or Less and Loan/Grant of $20,000 or Less Combo Applications due by March 31, 2022.*
- Applications for Unrestricted Grants or Loan/Unrestricted Grant Combo Applications due by March 31, 2022.*
- Guaranteed Loans are accepted on a continuous application cycle.
*Applications can be accepted anytime throughout the year. Deadline dates to be considered for each round of funding.
Who may apply?
- Agricultural producers with at least 50 percent of their gross income coming from agricultural operations.
- Small businesses in eligible rural areas.
NOTE: Agricultural producers and small businesses must have NO outstanding delinquent federal taxes, debt, judgment, or debarment.
Visit USDA Rural Energy for America Program Renewable Energy Systems & Energy Efficiency Improvement Guaranteed Loans & Grants for the program overview, requirements, contact information, and to APPLY!