- First, check your fuses or breakers.
(Instructions on how to check your fuses or breakers PDF)
- Check to see if your neighbor has power
- If your power goes out please report the outage
- If you have determined that your home is out of power, turn off or unplug any appliances you were using when the power went out. Leave just one light on so you know when power is restored. Disconnect sensitive electronics to avoid damage.
- Obtain current outage information through the Outage Viewer
There are three efficient ways to report an outage!
- SmartHubTM – You may report an outage through your desktop online or via mobile device through the SmartHub App. Click on Service Status in your SmartHub App to report an outage. You need to be logged into your account to access this screen. Signup through SmartHub online.
- Call 1-800-388-9881 – to report an outage by phone call our Integrated Voice Response System (IVR). It is important that we have a current telephone number on file. If the system does not recognize the phone number, you can leave a detailed message about the outage location. Provide any information that will help us locate the cause and restore power
If you have any questions regarding MVEA’s outage reporting programs call 1-800-388-9881.
Restoring power during inclement weather or after a large accident can be a big job. MVEA maintains a 24-hour, 365 day-a-year on call crews so if you should lose power, be assured we’re working as quickly as possible to get your lights back on.