To Our Valued Members:
MVEA is carefully monitoring the increasingly unpredictable nature of the coronavirus (COVID-19), and we are taking steps to ensure we’ll continue to be there for you and your energy needs. As your electric supplier we understand that we provide a critical service to you and the communities you call home, and we are preparing for possible scenarios to ensure we have the right plans in place to abide by locally imposed policies, while continuing to provide electric service to our members.
Steps We’re taking
- Our offices (Falcon, Limon, and Monument) will be closed to ALL non-employees starting at noon on March 18, 2020, until further notice. This includes members and vendors.
- The Falcon office drive-up service is open during normal business hours (Mon.-Thurs. 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.) to all members.
- Members directly affected by COVID-19 may contact our office by calling 1-800-388-9881, to schedule payment arrangements.
- We are following current Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and local health department recommendations.
- As we continue to monitor the spread of the virus, we may consider curtailing certain activities that may impact our members, including limiting employee contact in the public or reducing or canceling public events.
Steps You Can Take
We love seeing our members, but we love keeping you healthy more. Our offices (Falcon, Limon, and Monument) will be closed to ALL non-employees starting at noon on March 18, 2020, until further notice. This includes members and vendors. Here are some tools that are available to you:
- Pay your electric bill using SmartHub online or via the mobile app. Enroll in Auto-Pay to have your payment automatically paid on your due date. For more information on payment options, please visit our payment options page.
- If you’d rather call us to make a payment, our Pay-by-Phone automated system is available 24 hours per day at 1-877-999-3415.
- Report an outage through SmartHub or via text to 1-800-388-9881. Your cell phone number must be on your account to use the text option. For more information, please visit our outage reporting page.
- Manage your account notifications, energy use, and more on SmartHub.
- Don’t have an account yet? Sign up today! https://mvea.smarthub.coop/Login.html#registration:
Beware of Scammers!
Emergencies and unprecedented events offer opportunities for scammers to launch fraudulent campaigns that feed off the climate of concern. Specifically, scammers are taking advantage of the COVID-19 outbreak to send fraudulent emails, texts, etc.
Beware of scams asking for personal information or immediate payment, and NEVER click on a suspicious link or attachment.
Here are some helpful tips:
- Don’t click on links from sources you don’t know or that look suspicious.
- Watch for emails claiming to be from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or experts saying they have information about the virus.
- Do your homework when it comes to donations, whether through charities or crowd funding sites.
Protect yourself and your family by being informed.
- For more information on COVID-19, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and El Paso County Public Health. These organizations will provide you with the most up-to-date and accurate information about the virus.
Community Small Businesses
The U.S. Small Business Administration is offering designated states and territories low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Click here for more information and to apply.
We recognize this is a difficult time for our community. For more information on any of our payment options or additional needs you may have, please call us at 1-800-388-9881.