Kids — win a Kindle Fire. Teachers — win an Amazon gift card and an Energy Learning Experience!
At Mountain View Electric Association (MVEA), safety comes first! To increase electrical safety awareness for our mini members and to assist teachers as they talk to their students about electrical safety, we’re proud to offer our annual Electrical Safety Poster Contest!
Electrical Safety Poster Contest
- Elementary-aged students must create a poster showing how they are safe around electricity
- The poster contest will run through March 6, 2023
- The overall-winning poster will be featured in Colorado Country Life magazine and on electrical-safety advertising during May (National Electrical Safety Month)
Each grade-level winner receives a Kindle Fire, the winning student’s teacher receives an Amazon gift card, and for the classroom – Story Behind the Switch!
- 8.5 by 11 poster on any type of paper
- Fill out the Poster Contest Submission Form and attach it to the back of each poster
- Electrical safety theme ideas:
- Never mix electricity and water
- Never stick objects in outlets
- Watch for overhead power lines when playing outside
- Or any other electrical safety theme
- Poster(s) can be put in a dropbox at one of MVEA’s two office locations, mailed, or submitted digitally online, by March 6, 2023:
- Falcon- 11140 E Woodmen Road, Falcon, CO 80831
- Limon- 1655 5th Street (PO Box 1600), Limon, CO 80828
Free Education Programs
If you have any questions or would like to take advantage of these free programs please call us. We look forward to working with you!
Story Behind The Switch
A 45 to 60 minute safety program that explains how electricity is made and how it gets from the power plant to your home.
This is a hands-on program that includes a:
- Van de Graaff generator
- Plasma ball and more
Classroom Safety Demos
Geared to any age group to educate the audience on how:
- To be safe around electricity
- Electricity is generated and transmitted over power lines
MVEA has high voltage displays suitable for:
- Indoor demonstrations
- Outdoor demonstrations
Colorado Reader Publication
This is an electrical education publication for youth. Download the Student and Teacher version at the Colorado Agriculture in the Classroom website.
If you are interested in the print version:
- Fill out the order form in the informational packet
- Email our Communications Department