Kids — win a Kindle Fire. Teachers — win an Amazon gift card and an Energy Learning Experience!
Mountain View Electric Association (MVEA), your local electric cooperative, is proud to offer our annual Electrical Safety Poster Contest! To participate, K-5 students simply create a poster showing how they are safe around electricity. The poster contest will run through March 8, 2021. The overall-winning poster will be featured in Colorado Country Life magazine and on electrical safety advertising during May, which is National Electrical Safety Month. Each grade-level winner receives a Kindle Fire, the winning student’s teacher receives an Amazon gift card, and for the classroom, an Energy Learning Experience! If you have any questions please contact Erica Meyer at 719-494-2654. Youth Program Informational Packet (PDF).
- 8.5×11 poster on any type of paper
- Fill out the submission form (PDF) and attach it to the back of each poster
- Electrical Safety Theme Ideas: never mix electricity and water, never stick objects in outlets, watch for overhead power lines when playing outside, or any other electrical safety theme
- Poster(s) can be put in a dropbox at one of MVEA’s three locations, mailed, or submitted digitally online below, by March 8, 2021:
- Falcon- 11140 E Woodmen Rd, Falcon, CO 80831
- Limon- 1655 5th Street (PO Box 1600), Limon, CO 80828
- Monument – 15706 Jackson Creek Parkway, Suite 100, Monument, CO 80132
Free Education Programs:
Classroom Safety Demos:
Geared to any age group to educate the audience on how to be safe around electricity and how electricity is generated and transmitted over power lines. MVEA has high voltage displays suitable for indoor and outdoor demonstrations. Contact Erica Meyer at (719) 494-2654 to schedule a demonstration.
Colorado Reader Publication:
This is an electrical education publication for youth. Download the Student and Teacher version for free (PDF). If you are interested in the print version please fill out the order form in the informational packet and Email our Communications Department. If you have any questions please contact Erica Meyer at 719-494-2654.
If you have any questions or would like to take advantage of these free programs please call us. We look forward to working with you!