Operation Round Up
Neighbors Helping Neighbors
The Operation Round Up program was formed to assist charitable organizations, communities with special needs, and individuals who have suffered from loss, personal disaster, or medical emergencies.
How are the funds used?
Operation Round Up funds stay right here in the MVEA service territory. Funds are used for the benefit of our members and not used to pay electric bills or for political or religious purposes. The program serves the needs of the people dealing with catastrophic situations that prevent them from sustaining basic needs.
How can you help?
It is easy! Start contributing by clicking the “Sign Up Now” link above or by calling (719) 495-2283 and we will simply round your electric bill up to the next whole dollar each month. The extra change – an average of 50 cents a month or $6 a year – is your contribution to the program. The most it can cost you is just under $12 a year! Contributions are tax-deductible and your January bill will list your annual contributions.
Want to give a little more? When you enroll, you also have the opportunity to give a one-time extra donation to the Operation Round Up Fund. The additional amount you contribute is completely up to you! This additional one-time donation will be allocated to charitable organizations or individuals in the same manner as the regular (average of 50 cents a month) contributions.
Who distributes the funds?
The program is administered by the volunteer Round Up Board of Directors, which is an independent board of community leaders who grant funds according to the policies. MVEA is not involved in the determination of funds.
What do I do if I need help?
- If you are facing a crisis and are an MVEA member, you may apply for assistance from the Round Up Fund by filling out the entire
- Individual & Family Operation Round Up Grant Application (PDF) Payment will not be sent to individuals or a family unit. Please be sure to follow the checklist provided. There is no need for special binding as copies of your application will be made for each director.
- Organizations and Agencies in MVEA’s service territory or who provide service to MVEA’s territory please fill out the Organization Application.
- Organization Operation Round Up Grant Application (PDF)There is no need for special binding as copies of your application will be made for each director.
- The Round Up Board meets in January, March, May, July, September, and November to review both individual and organization applications received. The board has special meetings to review individual applications only in February, April, June, August, and October. See below for the application deadlines.
- Applications as a PDF file only can be emailed to the Operation Round Up Coordinator.
- Decision letters will be mailed out within the next two business days after the meeting.
|Operation Round Up Application Deadlines||Operation Round Up Board Meeting Dates|
|December 22, 2022||January 17, 2023 Round Up Meeting|
|February 1, 2023||February 21, 2023 Special Meeting – Individual Application Review Only|
|March 1, 2023||March 21, 2023 Round Up Meeting|
|April 3, 2023||April 25, 2023 Special Meeting – Individual Application Review Only|
|May 1, 2023||May 16, 2023 Round Up Meeting|
|May 30, 2023||June 15, 2023 Special Meeting – Individual Application Review Only|
|July 5, 2023||July 25, 2023 Round Up Meeting|
|August 1, 2023||August 15, 2023 Special Meeting – Individual Application Review Only|
|September 5, 2023||September 21, 2023 Round Up Meeting|
|October 2, 2023||October 17, 2023 Special Meeting – Individual Application Review Only|
|November 1, 2023||November 21, 2023 Round Up Meeting|
|November 29, 2023||December 14, 2023 Special Meeting – Individual Application Review Only|
2023 Operation Round Up Application Deadlines and Board Meeting Dates (PDF).
If you wish to serve on the volunteer Operation Round Up Board of Directors, please complete this application and mail it to the Falcon location attention Round Up.
The report attached is only for the prior 10 years. Additional years of financial information are available upon request.
If you have questions contact the Operation Round Up Coordinator, Erica Meyer, by phone at (719) 495-2283 or (800) 388-9881 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.