A Final Farewell From Jim Herron

June 23, 2022

The Future is Bright for MVEA – June 2022 CCL CEO Article By Jim Herron, MVEA CEO After 26 years of greeting you every month, it is bittersweet to be writing my last column for Colorado Country Life magazine — a final hello and a farewell at the same time. On one hand, I am […]

Mountain View Electric Association Board of Directors Names New CEO, Ruth Marks

June 13, 2022

June 13, 2022, Falcon, CO – The Mountain View Electric Association Board of Directors is pleased to announce the selection and acceptance of Ruth Marks as their new chief executive officer. Her official first day with MVEA will be on July 6, 2022. Marks replaces current CEO Jim Herron, who has served MVEA members for […]

NRECA Lineworker Appreciation Day 2022

March 31, 2022

The Power Behind Your Power – April 2022 CCL CEO Article By Jim Herron, MVEA CEO “Praise the Lord and a huge thank you to the MVEA lineworkers for getting our power restored.” – MVEA Member, following a winter storm on February 4, 2022. If you were asked to associate an image or a person […]

Mountain View Electric Association, Inc. Installs Fiber Hut At Limon Substation

March 07, 2022

— Hut is an important step in the fiber construction process. — March 7, 2022, Limon, CO – On Thursday, March 3, Mountain View Electric Association, Inc. (MVEA) installed a fiber hut at the Limon substation. Another building at the substation might not seem very exciting, but these huts provide secure housing for fiber optic […]

Mountain View Electric Association, Inc. Awards Four High School Juniors With Leadership Trips

March 07, 2022

— Winners will be Attending One-of-Two Youth Leadership Trips in 2022– March 7, 2022, Falcon, CO – Mountain View Electric Association, Inc. announces the winners of the Youth Leadership Trip Contest! This year, applicants answered three short essay questions which explored the seven cooperative principles that electric co-ops were founded on, leadership qualities they value, […]

Innovation + Technology Update: An Exciting New Era in YOUR Co-op’s Legacy

February 24, 2022

THE COOPERATIVE ADVANTAGE – March 2022 CCL CEO Article By Jim Herron, MVEA CEO I recently had the chance to revisit the July 1996 Colorado Country Life article that served as my official printed introduction to Mountain View Electric Association’s membership. In the article, John Rohr, MVEA’s general manager from 1981 to 1996, passed the […]

MVEA Members Save with GO ELECTRIC! Rebates

February 01, 2022

THE COOPERATIVE ADVANTAGE – February 2022 CCL CEO Article By Jim Herron, MVEA CEO This month, I am excited to highlight Mountain View Electric Association’s 2022 rebate program that helps co-op members save on their energy use through innovations in energy efficiency and beneficial electrification technologies. The rebate program is made possible through a partnership […]

Application Deadline Approaching for MVEA Scholarship Program!

January 04, 2022

— $27,000 in Scholarships Available for College-Bound Members — January 4, 2022, Falcon, CO – Mountain View Electric Association, Inc. doesn’t just brighten homes, they brighten futures. This year, MVEA is awarding up to $27,000 in scholarships to members, or their dependents, who are continuing their education! MVEA’s scholarship program includes 17 $1,000 scholarships to […]