2020 Annual Meeting – Virtual Only This Year
Scroll down to learn how to win a $50 bill credit or a door prize.
The Mountain View Electric Association, Inc. (MVEA) 2020 Annual Meeting of Members was held virtual only in the interest of public health and safety due to the COVID-19 pandemic and State of Colorado directives. The annual meeting of the membership was held for the purpose of: to elect two (2) directors for the Association – one each from District 2 and 7; voting on an Amendment to the Articles of Incorporation; passing upon reports covering the previous fiscal year; and to conduct such other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournment or adjournment thereof.
2020 Annual Meeting Election Results:
|Donna Andersen-Van Ness||2,840|
|Amendment to the Articles of Incorporation||Yes||5,374|
View the Election Committee Report here. (PDF) This report show ballot totals.
Note: As stated in MVEA’s By-laws, Article III. Section 2. “The person elected will be elected for a term to expire at the third annual meeting of members after their election or until their successors are elected and qualified.” This year the director election for District 7 is contested, voting ballots will be mailed to the members. The last date for the return of mailed ballots will be Wednesday, June 3, 2020.
One Member. One Vote. Your Voice Matters.
Mail-In Ballot Only Election – see invitation and election brochure here (PDF)
Complete your mail-in ballot for a chance to win a $50 bill credit! $2,500 in bill credits, plus door prizes, will be awarded!
We are shifting our popular in-person cash and door prize drawing to a voting-member drawing through mailed-in ballot entries. MVEA members who complete and mail in their ballot by May 27 (to ensure it is received by June 3), are eligible to win a prize from the comfort of their home! Winners will be selected following the Annual Meeting, listed on the website June 5, and published in the July issue of Colorado Country Life magazine.
Important Mail-In Ballot Only Dates
- Mail-In Only Ballots will be mailed to members no later than May 5. Check your mailbox the first week of May!
- Make sure to mail your ballot, in the green postage-paid envelope, back to us no later than May 27.
- Ballots must be received by MVEA no later than 5:30 p.m. on June 3.
Make Sure Your Vote Counts
Colorado state law is very specific in regard to what constitutes a valid ballot, and we want to make sure we can help every members vote count!
- Under Colorado law, only the member of record of an MVEA service may cast the vote for that account.
- Follow the directions provided on the ballot and the yellow secrecy envelope.
- Your ballot must only have one candidate selected in each district.
- Your green return envelope must be properly signed.
Member Meeting and Director Election Information