Your Vote, Your Voice
You get more power from an electric co-op. As a member/owner of MVEA, you have a lot of power. You can vote for your board of directors and you can make your opinions heard at annual meetings because you are the owner. And that’s a huge advantage over the big corporate power companies. Their customers have no say in the management of the company, no vote for the board of directors and no stake in the power company’s future. That’s why co-ops work so well throughout America. Because when people want power, we deliver.
2019 Annual Meeting
Mountain View Electric Association, Inc. (MVEA) will hold its 78th Annual Meeting of Members at Palmer Ridge High School, 19255 Frontage Road, Monument, Colorado, 80132, on June 13, 2019, commencing at 6:30 p.m. for the following purposes:
- To elect 2 directors for the Association – one each from District 3 and 5.
- To conduct such other business as may properly come before the meeting.
As stated in MVEA’s By-laws, Article III. Section 2. “The person elected will be elected for a term to expire at the third Annual Meeting of Members after their election or until their successors are elected and qualified.” If the election is contested, voting ballots will be mailed to the members. The last date for the return of mailed ballots will be Wednesday, June 12, 2019.
Now Open: 2019 Board Nominations
One Member. One Vote. Your Voice Matters.
During the Annual Meeting on June 13, 2019, at Palmer Ridge High School in Monument, two directors will be elected to the Mountain View Electric Association, Inc. (MVEA), Board of Directors from the following districts:
District 3: Elbert and surrounding areas to include a portion of the Black Forest (incumbent Errol Hertneky)
District 5: Ellicott, Fountain, Falcon and surrounding areas (incumbent Kevin L. Paddock)
To view a territory map with districts, visit www.mvea.coop/territory-map.
The “Procedure for Director Election and Member Voting” is available below in the section titled Member Meeting and Director Election Information.
Are you interested in being an MVEA Board of Directors candidate? A candidate must be an MVEA member and reside in the district where there is a vacancy. For additional candidate requirements, click on “By-laws” below and go to Article III, Section 2. Before seeking candidacy, please contact MVEA at (800) 388-9881 to verify your district. A member may seek election by nomination by the nominating committee or nomination by petition.
- To be nominated by the nominating committee, please contact a member of the committee or the MVEA Board Nomination Information Line. A candidate questionnaire must be received by the committee or submitted via email to email@example.com by 5:30 p.m., Tuesday, April 9, 2019.
- To be nominated by petition, you must have the petition signed by 15 MVEA members. Petitions and procedures are available at MVEA’s offices or on the Annual Meeting web page listed above. The petition, along with a completed candidate questionnaire must be returned to an MVEA office by 5:30 p.m., Monday, April 29, 2019.
A candidate questionnaire must be completed for either nomination by the committee or nomination by petition. The questionnaire can be found on MVEA’s website or you can pick one up at an MVEA office. If you have questions, please contact a member of the nominating committee or contact the MVEA Board Nomination Information Line.
- District 3: Jean Mikita, (719) 347-2509
- District 5: Dennis Carter, (719) 683-2675
MVEA Board Nomination Information Line
- Tel: (719) 494-2528
- Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the 2019 Board Nomination Announcement Bill insert, click here.
Member Meeting and Director Election Information
4.0 Procedures for Director Elections and Member Voting
Statement of Qualifications and Expectations of A Rural Electric Director
Director Candidate Questionnaire
Petition for District 3
Petition for District 5