Frequently Asked QuestionsGeneral | Green Power | Energy Services | Fees | Policy | Rates | Service Rules and Regulations
- Need information on the Co-op Connections Program.
- I frequently see thank you’s for books donated to local libraries. Has there ever been any thought to donate to local daycare centers and/or schools. I am asking specifically for Hope Montessori in Falcon, CO. All of the classes have books, but a large percentage are tattered and out of date. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
- Do you come out to schools and give presentations on electricity?
- I have a cellphone app for Touchstone Energy Deals and Special offers but Mountainview is not on the Co-Op Connections list of providers. When will Mountainview be on this list? We need all the deals and specials we can get.
- When I try to fill out a form on the website the page fades to blue and makes it difficult to see what I am writing. Is this a glitch? Or is there setting I can adjust to fix this?
- Are there rebates for commercial upgrade of lighting?
- Trying to find info on the co-op connections card.
- How can I get an online statement and stop the printed one?
- How do I check my breaker or fuses?
- What are capital credits/patronage capital?
- My Water Heater is starting to leak and I need to replace it. I’ve seen in your magazine advertisements for heaters with a rebate from you ?
- How do I test a GFCI?
- Can I get my electricity turned on if the office is closed?
- How do I calculate cost of using a 1500 watt ceramic/quartz room heater? Cost per hour.
- Can my earned Capital Credits be assigned to a future beneficiary if I should die?
- My bill this month is $1. The online system won’t let me pay less than $5. What do I do?
- I have been a consumer of MVEA for a long time. Shouldn’t these fixed costs be recovered by now?
- We are interested in replacing windows in our 30 year old house. Are there any tax credits that we would be eligible for?
- How tall are the used utility poles? May we bring a saw to cut the poles before we transport?
- We recently purchased a Kitchen Aide Dishwasher which has a energy star rating do you have any rebates for this dishwasher?
- Where do I find the rebate rates on the different Hot Water Heaters you offer? How do I apply for the rebates, where and when?
- Hello, I have had a security light near my garage for 20+ years and it is a great comfort to have, however, there are numerous times I’d like to turn it off and save energy and cut down on the rapidly growing light pollution. Can MVEA install a on/off switch on my pole? What would it cost me? Thank you very much for your service.
- I can’t find my bill, so I can’t create an on-line pay account. How do I do this when I don’t have the account number?
- Would a well pump that’s 1 1/4 HP going faulty cause our bill to go alot higher?
- My house was destroyed in the BF fire. I plan on rebuilding in the next year or so. There used to be a pole with a transformer at the rear of my property. The transformer was connected to the main line. The transformer then sent the power underground to the meter which was close to the house. After the fire MVEA removed both the transformer and the pole. When I rebuild is MVEA responsible for the cost of re installing the transformer and pole (if necessary) ?
- Does the DVR machines that are connected to satellite, like Direct TV use alot of power while on and also if left on even if TV power is off?
- What is MVEA’s Nominal voltage and is there a high /low threshold? i,e. 120/240 plus or minus?
- Is there a way to get on budget billing? If so, how do we do that?
- How can I calculate what it cost per hour to use my well pump?
- What do I do if my power goes out?
- Can I sell my capital credits for one lump sum?
- Hello, we have installed an energy efficient Anderson storm door. They have provided a Manufacturer’s Certification Statement proving it is Eligible Building Envelope Components under Section 25C of IRS Code for ARRA. Does Mountainview provide a rebate for this storm door? Thank you.
- Is there any type of rebate for purchasing a Energy Star appliance?
- Hello, I would like to find out if there is any way I can acquire 1 – 2 of your older used utility poles. I would buy if they are not to expensive. Thank you.
- I am curious where the power for Mountain View Electric comes from. Do you have your own generation facility or do you purchase it from the larger “grid”. Is it coal fired or other?
- We have upgraded our washer/dryer. Does MVEA offer rebates or other credits for Energy Star appliances? Thank you
- Could you please let me know when capital credits are refunded to customers ? Many thanks
- we were out of town for 2 weeks (5 people for 2 weeks and 1 person for 1 week) Why wouldn’t my bill go down? It is actually $1 higher than last month.
- Does the money I pay for Green Power directly offset my monthly electric bill somehow or is this a donation above and beyond my normal electric bill to further renewable energy resources so we’ll all have cleaner, cheaper energy in the future?
- How does net metering (for Solar) work with TODU? Would we sell back at one rate and buy (and night) at a different rate?
- Now that SB 252 is law, increasing the renewable requirements for Co-ops, are there plans to buy SRECs from members and/or provide incentives for solar installs?
- Does Mountain View Electric get any power from the Solar Panel or wind turbine located outside the front of the building on Woodmen Road in Falcon?
- Does MVEA sell/install windmills like the one at your facility in Falcon? How much would one cost that provided 61 kwh/day?
- After seeing Peterson AFB install solar panels on the roofs of the new housing area and seeing the off set in the bases power consumption. In the rural areas that MVEA services, the roofs of homes would be a very easy way to get locations for green power installs. MVEA would own the panels and the home owner could receive some offset in their bill for the use of the roof. Seems a win, win for everyone!
- I’m thinking of converting my house to LED lights. Are there rebates for this? I know CSU offers a 50% rebate for this. Does MVEA have something similar?
- Does MVEA offer any rebates for PV solar electric systems? Am aware of the GEO Rebate and federal tax credit. Thank You
- In August, 2010, I replaced my old furnace with a 98% efficient Lenox G71V furnace. It qualifies for an Energy Saving Tax Rebate of $1500.00. Does it also qualify for any electricity rebate/discount? Thanks.
- I have been looking around at different solar companies. Does MVEA have a grid tie agreement with with any solar companies? Also if I were to purchase a solar system and install my self and have MVEA come out and inspect it will that satisfy if the inspection passes? I have experience in the electrical field.
- Can I bring used Compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs) to your Falcon Office? If not, how do I dispose of them?
- If I purchase a grid-attached solar electric system, and if I don’t use all of the electricity generated by the solar panels, does the excess electricity go back into the grid, and would that lower my electric bill, or perhaps lead to a rebate?
- I submitted an energy efficiency refund form. When, or how, do I find out the status of this request?
- Our property in the burn area has had the poles replaced and the box for the meter installed as of Aug23. When will the meter and temp power be installed?
- Does Mountain View install security lights on buildings/barns? I would like a security light in the vicinity of my barn.
- How do I set up auto pay?
- I saw a answer that stated that MVEA sells used electric poles. Where do i go to purchase these poles? My house burned down in the BF fire and saw there there are several near my house on the ground, would i be able to purchase these and drag them to my house?
- How do we get our peak vs. non-peak usage added to our billing?
- Grid access fee is for what? I don’t have solar…etc…??? And why the increase?
- I have been trying to find on the web site how to apply for a rebate for installation of a new heat pump I’m lost. Please help.
- Do you have any rebate for installing new energy star windows?
- How does a higher Grid Access affect efforts to conserve energy?
- Is it necessary to increase the energy charge per kWh if the Grid Access is reduced?
- Why would reducing the Grid Access and recovering fixed costs through a kWh charge cause financial problems for MVEA?
- How can I get ‘Time of Day’ rates?
- Will MVEA have a rate increase in 2012?
- What is the “Grid Access” on my bill?
- I was wondering if there are times when you can use your appliances and the electric is a little cheaper. I have heard about it but I don;t know what those hours are.
- Why did my grid access fee jump by over 30% this month? From $13.95 to $19.95.
Service Rules and Regulations
We have no FAQ for this category.
If you cannot find your question on this list, click here to ask it directly.